Amana Ox Yoke Inn's Rhubarb Custard pie, to be exact.
- 5 1/2 cups chopped rhubarb
- 2 1/2 cups Sugar
- 4 each eggs; lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 3/4 tablespoon flour
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- double crust pastry for 9 inch pie
- Make crust for a 2 crust pie.
- Put bottom crust in pie pan; sprinkle with 3/4 tsp flour. (I used 3/4 tbsp in error, but it turned out beautifully).
- Mix the rhubarb, sugar, beaten eggs, half and half and salt.
- Bake at 375 for 1 1/2 hours.
- Contributor: Ox Yoke Inn, Amana, Iowa
- Yield: 8 servings