Thursday, April 06, 2006

Lampson supporters shoved

From Nick Lampson's campaign via email today (emphasis mine). DeLay is a fascist pig for sure! link

At a press conference on the steps of the Sugar Land city hall, where Nick Lampson called on Tom DeLay to resign so a May 13th special election can be held to fill his seat, DeLay's goons showed up to harass, assault, and intimidate. A number of female Lampson supporters, including Marsha Rovai, a 69 year-old woman from Richmond, reported being pushed and shoved by belligerent DeLay goons at the event.

Said Marsha Rovai, "I can't believe my Congressman, Tom DeLay, would organize this type of assault. I was assaulted by two different people. One of the men hit me and another shoved his sign into my face, and then when I pushed his sign away he violently pulled my hat down over my eyes and pushed me. I'm considering filing an assault charge. This is just very upsetting and I'm so disappointed in Tom Delay for organizing this attack."

Please stand with Marsha, and all the residents of TX-22, in demanding that Tom DeLay and his goons stop their campaign of intimidation.
link

No comments: