Monday, January 22, 2007

Hillary for President?

I signed up to watch her webcast tonight and submitted the following message:

Sen. Clinton, I would like to support you, but right now I am not sure that I can. You voted for the war in Iraq and you have yet to really prove to me, and others like me that are vehemently against the war, that you would remove our troops from Iraq. You see, I am not sure I can support anyone that is a member of the DNC, and is afraid to speak out and be unpopular. A lot of us are looking for a candidate with some guts.
When (and if) you apologize to the American people about your vote for the Iraq war, some of us might consider giving you a chance. As it stands now, you can tell me about universal healthcare, and think I'll believe you can do it. I don't see how you can, when you have not shown the fortitude to stand up to any corporations and take an unpopular stance. It will take an extreme amount of fortitude to get the insurance industry and their lobbyists to stand down, if we, the people, are to get universal healthcare.
You must prove to progressives like me that you understand that our country must change its direction from a corporate based country to one that puts its citizens first.
Thank you for the opportunity to have my say.

No comments: